Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Duke's Alehouse & Kitchen, Crystal Lake, IL


On my way to Lake Geneva, WI via Metra train to Harvard, IL Saturday- I ended up with an hour layover in Crystal Lake.
Across the street from the train station I found the perfect interlude:
Duke's Alehouse & Kitchen.
Wonderful organic and local farm menu and selection of booze.
I opted for a for a Scrumpy's Hard Cider from Flushing, Michigan and tempting as the menu items looked, I saved an appetite in favor of dinner at my final destination.
Chatting it up with restaurant manager, Aaron Andrews, I learned a bit about the restaurant's commitment to using fresh and local ingredients- and the growers they work with.
I'll definitely return soon- Prepared to eat well!
You never know what kind of magic is around the corner...

For more info:

By Kate

About Me

My photo
The Dishes & Dirt blog explores some of what Chicago has to offer when it comes to eating delicious sustainable food and supporting our local food economy.